Pdf417 reader with encrypted barcodes

Stuart

Aug 10, 2017, 7:44:28 AM8/10/17
to zxing
I am using the java Zxing library to scan PDF417 barcodes that are encrypted and then decrypt the result manually. The scanner works perfectly for non-encrypted barcodes, but throws a checksum error when trying to scan an encrypted barcode. Is there any way to bypass this error?

Sean Owen

Aug 11, 2017, 5:26:30 AM8/11/17
to zxing
Not sure what you mean, but if the barcode is nonstandard, then it won't be read by any normal reader. You'd have to build a customized reader that implemented whatever different encoding this is.

Fran

Jul 17, 2018, 12:37:24 PM7/17/18
to zxing
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 12:44:28 UTC+1, Stuart wrote:
> I am using the java Zxing library to scan PDF417 barcodes that are encrypted and then decrypt the result manually. The scanner works perfectly for non-encrypted barcodes, but throws a checksum error when trying to scan an encrypted barcode. Is there any way to bypass this error?

Hi Stuart,
I have just installed Xzing on Ubuntu, the instructions are appalling. Can you please let me know the commands you used in Linus to start decoding pdf417 images. Thanks for your help. With regards to your checksum error, have you tried writing a try catch or an if else statement to catch the error and print a message. That way it will keep running to the next image and not crash...just a thought.