Bulk mode : how to stop the scan ?

Robert G

Jun 23, 2015, 11:36:34 AM6/23/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am not a developper, but I have a team of developper who work on a Java-Android app for my business. That app is using Zxing App for scanning 1D/2D/QR codes.

I need to use the bulk mode, to let the user scan several barcodes, and then I want him to use a "validate" button to stop the scanning mode and display the results (and others actions buttons).

The developper tells me that it is not possible to add an overlay with actions button to stop the scan (validate) or cancel the scan (cancel), overlay that the user can call anytime.
You can see an example of what I imagine here (look at the with overlay : https://www.evernote.com/shard/s213/sh/84766151-aaac-43a0-a966-e300a3bab92a/47551ca5fdaede36a72b20021b63d19b

What I would really like to know if it is possible to add a button on the scanning interface to stop the scan, after scanning several items with the bulk mode ?
We already correctly implemented the bulk mode, but my developper tells me there is no way to stop the scan by using a button displayed on the screen...

You can imagine that this button should be always displayed during the scan, and when the user press it, it will stop the scan and display the results on another screen of my app...

If possible, can you give me an example of app that have the desired behaviour, or explain to me in a few lines understandable for my developper how to implement that ?

I would really appreciate any help. Tell me if it is not clear as english not my native language...

Thanks

Rob.

Sean Owen

Jun 24, 2015, 2:20:06 AM6/24/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com, n.ne...@gmail.com
The user stops the scanning by just exiting from the app. I don't think what you want to do is possible via Intent and you'll have to develop your own functionality, reusing parts of the source code in the project, to build this for your app.

Nicolas V

Jun 27, 2015, 11:20:20 PM6/27/15
to Sean Owen, zx...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks. So for now for now we will don't use the bulk-mode, and in the next future we will develop this functionality.
Thanks