Any suggestions how to modify code?

Hong Zhang

Apr 21, 2017, 3:14:06 AM4/21/17
to zxing, nan.xi...@gmail.com
Hi,

I wanted to play around the source code, but there was a problem.

I was able to build the source code as is and run the jar ok. When I modified an API in the ZXing Core project, and did mvn install to build everything, Maven Clirr (a tool used in middle of mvn install process) checked the core build against the version 3.3.0 and reported APIs were changed, thus build failed.

I am sure the code has no errors. I did change the calling routines to match the API change. I checked many times.

The .pom in the core project shows the current version is 3.3.1-SNAPSHOT. I found the 3.3.0 core jar is under C:\Users\Me\.m2\com\google\ZXing\... Even when I deleted this jar, Maven Clirr would still download it from a remote repo and compare agaist it :(

I do not want to be compared against version 3.3.0, since I obviously want to modify the code and cannot promise all the APIs would be the same.

I did not write a lot of Java. So what is the normal process if you want to, say modify some code in ZXing Core, and build the whole thing to see if your change works?

Sean Owen

Apr 26, 2017, 5:55:20 AM4/26/17
to zxing, nan.xi...@gmail.com
Clirr is doing its job correctly -- reporting changes that break public APIs. You just need to disable Clirr.