Problem in detecting a barcode

Chad Chad

Mar 9, 2017, 3:53:48 AM3/9/17
to zxing
Hi guys,

I'm developing an app that can read barcodes of any product. This is my first time implementing a barcode function inside an app, and I choose zxing because, it's open source :D, and some say its accuracy is top notch compared to the other open source barcode readers.

So, I encountered an issue regarding its detection, where most of the time, the zxing can't detect/read the barcode. I tried looking for solutions, inside and outside this group and still haven't found any answers yet. I'm using my personal phone that has a 5MP camera. I don't think this is a problem, since I was able to run the app. It's just the detection that's not working right for me.

My question is, is there a way to improve or adjust its detection? Thanks in advance.