Add Manual Entry Text Field and Submit button overlay

Kent Spadzinski

Jun 9, 2016, 1:14:46 PM6/9/16
to zxing
Has anyone added the ability for users to manually enter a barcode value onscreen. In the case where a barcode is damaged and not readable, we also have the ID number printed on the barcode. If the user clicks the "scan" button and we open the zxing barcode reader it would be great to have a "manual entry" text field there as well (somewhere in the view - at the top maybe). Enter your ID number, click "OK". Screen real estate is at a premium so adding it to the original view (where the "Scan" button is located) is not desirable. If the users enters manually it returns the value and "unknown" for the barcode type. Thoughts?