I'm using Zxing library for barcode and QR reader in adobe flex

farooq md

May 11, 2015, 7:37:26 AM5/11/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I'm using adobe flex for reading Barcode and QR Code reader..

QR Code is getting fine..

but Barcode doesn't getting any thing ?

Bas Vijfwinkel

May 12, 2015, 1:06:29 AM5/12/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Did you specify the type of barcode to also scan the type you want to detect?
It might be the case that by default it is only scanning QR codes.
Other issues might be :
- not enough white-space around the barcode
- barcode is too small in relation to the entire image (decoder can't locate the
barcode inside the image).
- I'm not sure where you picked up the source but check that the 1D decoders/detectors are included because I've come across some libraries where only the QR code detectors/decoders were present and the rest was delected.

One suggestion would be to take a random product and set the type to UPC and check if it decodes something. UPC barcodes on products should be detected without much trouble.

farooq md

May 12, 2015, 3:42:08 AM5/12/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I'm using 1D Barcode CODE 128

can u forward the weather working code to me..

farooq md

May 12, 2015, 3:48:22 AM5/12/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 5:07:26 PM UTC+5:30, farooq md wrote:
But i am unable to scan , only I am able to scan BarcodeFormat_QR_CODE.

Can u please suggest me what to do.

Bas Vijfwinkel

May 12, 2015, 11:30:53 PM5/12/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
It's already been 4 years ago since I worked on the actionscript port...
There is a client application in Actionscript which works without having to compile anything.
The repository is :
https://github.com/rethinkbooks/zxing/tree/master/actionscript
Put it on a webserver and open the following html file in your browser.
http://<<your webserver url>>/zxing/actionscript/zxing client/bin-debug/zxing_client.html
If you don't have a webcam present you can just click OK and press the 'select image' button. Select an image from the zxing/core/test/data/blackbox.
Make sure you select the type of barcode you would like to decode on the bottom right of the application and press 'Decode!'.
If all goes well then the result will be displayed.

This sample application shows how to integrate all the funtionality in your own application.

It's been 4 years since I've worked on this stuff so a recent version of FlexBuilder might throw out some warnings.