Bitmap image and extracted data faulty

oana sodolan

Aug 12, 2015, 7:48:08 AM8/12/15
to zxing
Hi,

I am a student at the TU Dresden. At the moment I am doing my theses, for which I have to create an application that shows the basic data of an QR-Code (like Version, EC-Level, Mask,...) and the errors which generated in the QR-Code. For this I chose to use the Barcode scanner and adapt it for this purpose.

Concerning this I have two problems:
1. When I tried to extract the data from the Bitmap (class MultiFormatReader, method decodeInternal) I get in each scan other data. For example for a very simple EC-Level coded QR-Code having only Version 1, Mask 2, I get the data as Version 6, Mask 1, EC-Level M for example. The interesting part is that the decoded Text is the write one. So the result is ok but every data I try to extract from the Bitmap through a BitMatrix is decoded sometimes correctly sometimes not. I also went further and let the Program give me the bitmap and the bitMatrix (class DecodeHandler, method decode(byte, int, int)). Lod.d of the bitMatrix constructed from the bitmap was each time different and sometimes diverged so much from the actual QR-Code that a code could not be seen. By trying to decode an Image from a PC Folder only with core (so no Android) it warked every time for that type of code.

My question is, is there an other way that I did not think of for getting the data and the BitMatrix in the application and why is the bitmap always different?

2. If I would try to get to the Image (Photo) of the QR-Code which is shown in the decoded data, and try to get the bitmap or Bitmatrix out of it, how can I access it and would maybe this solve my problem?

Thank you a lot for your Help.