Apache Licensing for modified code

johndale alfred julian

May 16, 2016, 9:03:43 PM5/16/16
to zxing
Good day! I would just like to ask about the licensing.

I have imported the library in Gradle like this:

dependencies {
compile 'com.google.zxing:core:3.2.1'
compile 'com.journeyapps:zxing-android-embedded:3.2.0@aar'
}

Now, I have implemented some of your codes but I added my own implementations to meet the project specs. Some of the classes I made in reference to your original codes were:
- CameraInstance.java
- CameraManager.java
- CameraPreview.java
- CameraSurface.java
- CameraThread.java
- BarcodeView.java

My question is, I should put an Apache License 2.0 inside these classes, am I right?

Sean Owen

May 26, 2016, 11:17:18 PM5/26/16
to zxing
You can read the license -- it's pretty straightforward about what you need to do. See also https://github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/License-Questions  If you are distributing the project code in source or binary form you do need to take some steps, but they're pretty easy. In addition to what you note, you need some reference to the source of the code included with the binary app you distribute.