Issue 65 in zxing: Java Exception when running on GSM Palm Centro

codesite...@google.com

Jul 14, 2008, 3:59:32 AM7/14/08
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Issue 65: Java Exception when running on GSM Palm Centro
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=65

New issue report by ebilflindas:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Open IBM Java VM on Palm Centro (AT&T)
2. Install from http://zxing.org/w/BarcodeReader.jad
3. Launch Barcode Reader - 0.9

Barcode Reader is expected. Java Exception is displayed:

javax.microedition.media.MediaException: Unable to create Player for
the locatorcapture://video

Ver 0.9 on Palm OS 5.4 / JavaVM Ver. J92.2 ARM (20040706_1505_IHsCmV)

Details:
javax.microedition.midlet.MIDletStateChangeException:
javax.microedition.media.MediaException: Unable to create Player for the
locator:capture://video
at com.google.zxing.client.j2me.ZXingMIDlet.startApp(Unknown Source)
at javax.microedition.midlet.MIDletAccessor.startApp(Unknown Source)
at javax.microedition.lcdui.AppManager$1.run(Unknown Source)

Issue attributes:
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings

codesite...@google.com

Jul 14, 2008, 6:22:05 AM7/14/08
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Issue 65: Java Exception when running on GSM Palm Centro
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=65

Comment #1 by srowen:
It sounds like the device simply does not support video capture. The
call to createPlayer() apparently fails for
capture://video and capture://image. I could not find whether the Palm
Centro fully supports JSR-135 or JSR-
234 (the multimedia APIs). Here's a thread that suggests this didn't
work as of late 2006:
http://mobile.processing.org/discourse/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1161869585
If you know
of other J2ME apps that successfully use video capture then maybe there
is indeed some nonstandard way to
access this on the Palm Centro; I am not sure what it could be, so not
sure if this is something we can do
anything about at this point unfortunately.

Issue attribute updates: