Camera permission bug

Tibi Georgescu

Jun 8, 2016, 4:02:00 AM6/8/16
to zxing
Hi,

I wrote a custom Activity which implements ZXingScannerView.ResultHandler.
In order to create a custom layout and functionality I've declared the ZXingScannerView in my layout file. The activity worked fine until I've added permission requests. If I start the activity with the Camera permission granted it works fine, however if it's not granted and I grant it via the system permission popup the camera won't start. I've tried to mScannerView.startCamera(); I've tried to recreate the activity super.recreate(); same result, the camera won't start unless I leave the activity and enter it again.
Any suggestions?
Thank you

Sumit Bhatia

Jun 12, 2016, 5:30:34 AM6/12/16
to zxing

I have been troubled by the same issue. Though, It seems to work fine on Android N preview so I am hoping they would release a fix for the previous versions too.