Obtaining Required information from Scanned QR code

Sadir Omer

Oct 11, 2015, 10:22:02 AM10/11/15
to zxing
I've successfully managed to get the QR codes via intent working and i've been able to get scanned result format, data and the error correction data using,

String contents = intent.getStringExtra("SCAN_RESULT");
String formatName = intent.getStringExtra("SCAN_RESULT_FORMAT");
String errorCorrectionLevel = intent.getStringExtra("SCAN_RESULT_ERROR_CORRECTION_LEVEL");

Is it possible to get the 'Version' of the QR code generated as well? There are 40 versions of QR available right. I need to display that as a textView. Any help please? :D

Sean Owen

Oct 11, 2015, 11:17:30 AM10/11/15
to zxing
No this isn't returned. I would not be against adding this value to the metadata in the Result object, and then plumbing it through to the Intent result, if you can do this in a clean PR.

Sadir Omer

Oct 11, 2015, 11:54:50 AM10/11/15
to zxing
Do you know how to do it?? Because this is one parameter that I want to be Displayed.