How to scan continuously using Intents calling Zxing App and get all the results back?

JordiPV

Mar 22, 2011, 6:24:49 AM3/22/11
to zxing
Hi all,

I am a newbie at Java-Android programming and I am trying to develop
an Android App that is using Zxing App for scanning QR codes.
So far, I've been able to call Zxing through Intents for reading a QR
code and get the result back, but just one per time.

What I would really like to know if it is possible to scan
continuously and then get all the results back for showing them inside
a ListView. Let me explain better, for example pressing a button it
will start the Zxing App and it will allow to scan as many QR codes as
user wants until the call back button is pressed. Then, after pressing
another button it will show the results of the QR codes scanned
previously in a Listview.

Is that possible? If so, how can I do that?

I would really appreciate any help.

Greetings
Jordi

Daniel Switkin

Mar 22, 2011, 12:17:58 PM3/22/11
to zx...@googlegroups.com, JordiPV
Sorry, we don't support this.

JordiPV

Mar 22, 2011, 12:42:16 PM3/22/11
to zxing
What do you mean?

Either, it can not be done cause application features or that you can
not provide support to beginners?

Thanks
Jordi

On 22 mar, 17:17, Daniel Switkin <dswit...@google.com> wrote:
> Sorry, we don't support this.

Message has been deleted

Apurv Gupta

Mar 22, 2011, 12:48:59 PM3/22/11
to zx...@googlegroups.com
It is not supported in application features. You can build such application yourself by using the samples.

--
Apurv Gupta

JordiPV

Mar 22, 2011, 2:12:58 PM3/22/11
to zxing
OK I see. Alternatively, is there any option for re-invoking an intent
and try to do the continuous scan this way?

Jordi

simplecy

Mar 22, 2011, 4:55:53 PM3/22/11
to zx...@googlegroups.com, JordiPV
I think the best way would be to compile a custom version of Barcode Scanner that didn't pause to display results - just did a beep or flashed an image up to say "caught one" :)

I used this to get mine set up in Eclipse.
http://www.falatic.com/index.php/12/building-zxing-for-android-part-3-%E2%80%93-using-eclipse
regards

Simon

Sean Owen

Mar 22, 2011, 5:31:50 PM3/22/11
to zx...@googlegroups.com, JordiPV
No, but try using Barcode Scanner's bulk scan mode and sharing the results to yourself. It does most of what you describe already.

JordiPV

Mar 22, 2011, 5:43:25 PM3/22/11
to zxing
@Simon, thank you very much for your information.

@Sean, is there any way to call Barcode Scanner's bulk scan mode via
Inents like Intent bulkScan = new Intent
("com.google.zxing.client.android.bulk"); so Barcode Scanner starts
directly in bulk mode scan ?

simplecy

Mar 22, 2011, 7:31:13 PM3/22/11
to zx...@googlegroups.com, JordiPV
Sorry - I was a bit mixed up with what happens when you scan via an Intent.

Scanning via Intent automatically just returns a code when it finds a valid one. - silly me :(

I've looked into the code for some of the intent handling but not worked out what to do yet.

regards

Smon

vidya jejurkar

May 17, 2017, 1:55:28 AM5/17/17
to zxing

Hi Jordi,
Did u get solution? if yes then how? I want to do same thing.
need help