Request for License Condition

Point Mobile Tech Support

Nov 22, 2017, 11:34:36 PM11/22/17
to zxing
Hello, I'm Ellie responsible for technical support at Point Mobile, which manufactures and sells Industrial PDAs abroad.

I’m writing to request for the license condition with your company.
We have a customer who wants to perform a barcode-scanning task when setting up our devices That’s because they think a barcode including Wi-Fi setting information helps them to reduce the step by step manual operation.

So, we are planned to make a solution about that needs, thinking to create a platform such as a website, and offer them a customized QR-code.

Fortunately, we found out your website fit for this project. But the one thing I need to confirm is the licensing condition. I Wonder if we can use a barcode provided by your github for free. Or, How can we buy the license key?

But your barcode for Wi-Fi Access has a limited type of authentication
Our customer wants more list of it, and we need to ask you to add more type of it.

Sean Owen

Nov 27, 2017, 7:52:23 AM11/27/17
to zxing
The open source license, the Apache License 2.0, is linked everywhere in the project, and explained here. https://github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/License-Questions
If you can add the functionality you are looking for to this project without much complexity, and it's a standard auth type, open a pull request.
Message has been deleted