Tapping screen for scanning

Olivier De Groef

Sep 1, 2017, 9:41:32 AM9/1/17
to zxing
Hi

Currently we are using your app to scan QR-Codes. These QR-Codes are scanned the moment the camera get's the complete qr-code in his sight. This means that it automatically scans the qr-code.

Question:
Is there a setting in the app that can be turn on/off that enables: a screen push in order to scan the qr-code? This to prevent automatic scans.

Kind Regards
Olivier De Groef

Sean Owen

Sep 4, 2017, 8:40:26 AM9/4/17
to zxing
If the app is open, you want it to scan right? if you don't want it to scan, the app just shouldn't be open.

Olivier De Groef

Sep 5, 2017, 4:55:42 AM9/5/17
to zxing
Op maandag 4 september 2017 14:40:26 UTC+2 schreef Sean Owen:

> If the app is open, you want it to scan right? if you don't want it to scan, the app just shouldn't be open.

Sean

Let me explain the scenario where I ask this question for.

Our qr-codes are scanned from a A4-sheet.
These A4-sheets has 20 qr-codes printed on.

When we hover over an A4-sheet (with the scanning app active) it will scan the first qr-code that comes in sight of the camera. And this is most of the time NOT the qr-code that we want to scan.

If we could prevent autoscan (during the hovering over the A4-sheet) and when the correct qr-code comes insight of the camera we tab screen, this would be a great help for us.

Ps: It is used in a children daycare to register the kids.

Sean Owen

Sep 14, 2017, 6:39:45 PM9/14/17
to zxing
How would it know ahead of time what is the right or wrong code to scan?

Olivier De Groef

Nov 28, 2017, 4:57:13 PM11/28/17
to zxing
Op vrijdag 15 september 2017 00:39:45 UTC+2 schreef Sean Owen:

> How would it know ahead of time what is the right or wrong code to scan?

Sean

Whe the app is open, the qr-code is shown on screen but not scanned and when you tap the screen it scans.

Basically, the app doesnot scan automatically but only when the screen is tapped (single screentouch).

Regards
Olivier