How to determine the QR code is positive and there is no rotation

Buding

Apr 20, 2018, 2:37:52 AM4/20/18
to zxing
How to determine the QR code is positive and there is no rotation

Lachezar Dobrev

Apr 20, 2018, 8:47:10 AM4/20/18
to Buding, zxing
AFAIK there is no out-of-the-box solution.
You *might* use the result meta-data and check the relative location
of the three result-point corners.
Also the colour at (or around) the three result-points should tell
you if the code was positive or negative.

Haven't tested that, but it seems the DecoderResult.getOther() will
return a QRCodeDecoderMetaData when the QR Code was mirrored.

> How to determine the QR code is positive and there is no rotation

M M

May 17, 2020, 9:29:20 AM5/17/20
to zxing
Hi Lachezar,
how can i get   access to  the result meta-data and see check the relative location
of the three result-point corners?

I am writing my solution in C#

Thanks a lot.
Diego Mitchell.

El viernes, 20 de abril de 2018, 9:47:10 (UTC-3), Lachezar Dobrev escribió:
 AFAIK there is no out-of-the-box solution.
  You *might* use the result meta-data and check the relative location
of the three result-point corners.
  Also the colour at (or around) the three result-points should tell
you if the code was positive or negative.

  Haven't tested that, but it seems the DecoderResult.getOther() will
return a QRCodeDecoderMetaData when the QR Code was mirrored.

> How to determine the QR code is positive and there is no rotation

Lachezar Dobrev

May 18, 2020, 6:35:16 AM5/18/20
to M M, zxing
I am not proficient with C#.
I'll assume you're using the ZXing.Net port.

From the source code it looks like the Result[1] from the decoding
process has an array with the key points[2]. It also looks like there
is meta-data[3] too.

1: https://github.com/micjahn/ZXing.Net/blob/master/Source/lib/Result.cs
2: public ResultPoint[] ResultPoints { get; private set; }
3: public IDictionary<ResultMetadataType, object> ResultMetadata {
get; private set; }