cpp/objc project updates and objc sample apps

Steven Parkes

Jun 19, 2012, 10:50:35 PM6/19/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I've created new project files for the cpp and objc directories. I didn't overwrite the existing projects, since people are using them. The new project files are cpp/zxing-cpp.xcodeproj and objc/zxing-objc.xcodeproj.

In both cases, the single project files build for both OS X and iOS.

Both projects build static libraries (of the same name as the project). The objc project also builds an OS X Framework that can be dynamically linked in to OS X apps and copied into app bundles for distribution.

There are three new/modified example apps:

objc/example/osx/bare
objc/example/osx/demo
objc/example/ios/bare

The "bare" examples are very minimal and pretty quick and dirty (they don't even bother to split out all classes into different files.) The osx bare example is actually a port of the macruby sample app. In both cases, their main purpose is for easy testing of library changes, an example of a project file with an app target, and an example of using ZXCapture (the primary interface) to setup a preview layer and receive decode results.

objc/example/osx/demo is based on the example that Lance Drake put together last year.

Najmul Islam

Jun 20, 2012, 12:22:24 AM6/20/12
to Steven Parkes, zx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Steven.
So in this new project, is it encoding or decoding Bar code ?

Regards,
Najmul
--
Do good to all
         &

Steven Parkes

Jun 20, 2012, 12:26:22 AM6/20/12
to Najmul Islam, zx...@googlegroups.com

On Jun 19, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Najmul Islam wrote:

> So in this new project, is it encoding or decoding Bar code ?

These are just build/wrapper/packaging updates for the existing C++ code on Apple platforms. The C++ code doesn't include any encoders and best supports QR decoding. See the FAQ: http://code.google.com/p/zxing/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Najmul Islam

Jun 20, 2012, 12:44:41 AM6/20/12
to Steven Parkes, zx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.Also can you please tell me will it support external USB camera  ?

Steven Parkes

Jun 20, 2012, 1:49:49 AM6/20/12
On Jun 19, 2012, at 9:44 PM, Najmul Islam wrote:

> Thanks.Also can you please tell me will it support external USB camera ?

I'm pretty sure Lance Drake used an external camera of some kind in when he developed the osx demo app. I know the app has a pull down for the camera source. But beyond that, I have no experience with external cameras.

Steven Parkes

Jun 20, 2012, 10:45:03 AM6/20/12

On Jun 20, 2012, at 12:52 AM, Najmul Islam wrote:

> I checked the link http://code.google.com/p/zxing/downloads/list and cannot see any latest build there.
> the changes have been done under Zxing 2.0.zip ?

Best to reply on list.

I didn't build any downloads. You'll want to check the code out of subversion.