QR - structured append feature

mike2.s...@googlemail.com

Sep 2, 2008, 2:40:22 PM9/2/08
to zxing
Hi,

according to the "official" QR-code page, QR code may be divided into
multiple data areas. The section "Structured Append Feature" on said
page shows an example and states "The same data can be read either
from the upper symbol or the lower four symbols.".

I made a screenshot of the two symbols and feed it to zxing 0.9 (using
the com.google.zxing.client.j2se.CommandLineRunner )

Result: The first image is decoded without error, but in the second
image (the four smaller symbols), no code is recognized.

Is this an "issue" or a feature?

-Mike

srowen

Sep 3, 2008, 8:41:44 AM9/3/08
to zxing
Yeah we don't support structured append since it seems to be virtually
unused in practice. I think it is an optional part of the spec?

Paulo Castro

Dec 28, 2016, 9:37:55 AM12/28/16
to zxing, mike2.s...@googlemail.com
Good Morning,
I would like to know more about Structure Append, because I am doing a job where I want to create QRcodes with invisible characters, where only a certain APP can visualize, using the decode key. I would like to understand more and a framework or an example. Thank you in advance for your attention.

shrikant yadav

Dec 12, 2018, 6:42:56 AM12/12/18
to zxing
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 8:07:55 PM UTC+5:30, Paulo Castro wrote:
> Good Morning,
> I would like to know more about Structure Append, because I am doing a job where I want to create QRcodes with invisible characters, where only a certain APP can visualize, using the decode key. I would like to understand more and a framework or an example. Thank you in advance for your attention.

Have you got your answer ?