Meetup 2012-06-06: Clojure and Erlang (apples and oranges -- they both taste good)

Lars Hesel

May 12, 2012, 4:51:25 PM5/12/12
to zurich-erlan...@googlegroups.com
A new meetup has been posted: http://www.meetup.com/Zurich-Erlang-User-Group/events/64370752/

--
At the next meetup Thomas and Lars will compare code in Erlang and Clojure.

The idea is to challenge Clojure with problems from the Erlang world and the other way around - this should hopefully bring about interesting insights about the strengths and weaknesses of both languages.
--

Check out the details by following the link :)

See you there!

Cheers,
Lars

Lars Hesel

May 24, 2012, 1:30:48 AM5/24/12
to zurich-erlan...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone

Due to a meetup conflict with the ZHGeeks meetup (http://www.meetup.com/zh-geeks/events/65052882/), we have moved the Erlang vs. Clojure meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Zurich-Erlang-User-Group/events/64370752/) to the 5th of June!

I apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to see you there!

Note, that due to the change of dates, a new location will be announced shortly.

Cheers,

Lars

Bikram

Jun 5, 2012, 6:33:29 PM6/5/12
to zurich-erlan...@googlegroups.com
It was a very nice presentation. Really enjoyed how you two dissect two languages side by side and compared them.

Thanks,
Bikram

Lars Hesel

Jun 6, 2012, 2:08:13 AM6/6/12
to zurich-erlan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot! The Clojure vs. Erlang slides are available on github: https://github.com/zurich-erlang-user-group/2012-meetups/raw/master/02-erlang-vs-clojure/Erlang_vs_Clojure.pdf

Cheers,
Lars

Christoph Jasinski

Jun 6, 2012, 2:13:37 AM6/6/12
to zurich-erlan...@googlegroups.com
Your presentation was great. Thanks for the time you and Thomas sacrificed.

Lars Hesel

Jun 6, 2012, 3:36:49 AM6/6/12
to zurich-erlan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

It was really fun to both present and prepare the presentation (except making the actual slides). As always, it's a great learning experience. Highly recommended :)