Question about embedded Zotero metadata in .odt files with ReferenceMarks

Rintze Zelle

Aug 31, 2017, 11:50:00 PM8/31/17
to zotero-dev
I am trying to understand how Zotero embeds citation metadata with ReferenceMarks in LibreOffice documents, and I was a little surprised to see that the CSL JSON is duplicated. In a LibreOffice 5.4.0.3 .odt document with a single Zotero 5.0.17 citation, I'm seeing:

<text:p text:style-name="Standard">

<text:reference-mark-start text:name="ZOTERO_ITEM CSL_CITATION {...} RNDbqzSci5trg"/>(Kleinzeller, 1941)<text:reference-mark-end text:name="ZOTERO_ITEM CSL_CITATION {...} RNDbqzSci5trg"/>
</text:p>

with the exact same CSL JSON repeated on the "text:name" attribute of both "text:reference-mark-start" and "text:reference-mark-end". Is this duplication intentional, and if so, what's the reasoning behind it?

Thanks,

Rintze