Juris-M migration to 5.0

Frank Bennett

Jun 10, 2016, 6:40:23 PM6/10/16
to zotero-dev
Great to see the Zotero 5.0 release!

I will start adapting Juris-M to the new codebase soon. Here are a few musings in that line:

(1) During the last New Year break, I worked through most of the (then) patches. I was able to get an async Juris-M to run and edit records. I'll be discarding that code, but I don't expect major problems on the second run through the process. I hit snags I may have questions. Yoroshiku!

(2) I thought about re-casting Juris-M as monkey-patch add-on for Zotero, and decided against it. That might make sense after the migration to Electron (maybe), but for the 4.0 -> 5.0 migration, I'll be better off sticking with patterns that I already know.

(3) I'll begin tinkering on the migration soon, but we're in the middle of term here, and I won't have time to concentrate on it seriously until late July, and most of the work will have to happen in August and September. Given that schedule (which is beyond my control), I'm hoping that legacy sync will remain available until the end of September.

(4) I'm looking forward to learning up on the test suite. To the extent possible (given time constraints), I will try to provide early test coverage for Juris-M functionality.

Congratulations to the whole team, and here's to a smooth run in the beta period!

Frank Bennett