Zotero web-library installation

Maria _10

Feb 28, 2017, 1:48:33 PM2/28/17
to zotero-dev
Hi,

I'm interested in re-using the code used in the Zotero.org website to manage libraries, etc. From what I understand, the code is in git under web-library and web-components. I'm trying to follow the installation process for the web-library. However, I got stuck in step 3 on generating a config file. First, I can't find examples/reactlibrary/buildconfig.js. Second, I'm not sure how to generate a config file. Do I used that buildconfig.js mentioned?

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

Maria

Maria _10

Mar 16, 2017, 4:41:05 PM3/16/17
to zotero-dev
I was able to make the demos work now. The step 3 and 4 in the instructions didn't seem to be needed. So, I just skipped to step 5. After that, I had to fix the following issues on the demo index.html file:
- userId and api key didn't work - so, I replaced this with a userId and key that I know works
- base url was pointing to the wrong url (possibly, an older version that doesn't work anymore)

I was hoping it would be something that can be used out of the box. But, it looks like it really is only for demo purposes. The edit button is not functional. The groups and feeds link don't work either. But then, these could be something that need to be modified/updated deep in the code. I see that the pieces are there. One would just have to weave them altogether.

I'd be interested to know if any in the group has worked with the web-library before and incorporate them in their website. If so, any thoughts on how easy / challenging it is to do this?

Thanks,
Maria