Client build question

Frank Bennett

Jul 16, 2017, 7:27:35 AM7/16/17
to zotero-dev
After merging the latest upstream Zotero changes to the Juris-M client, I'm seeing a lot of strange and wonderful behavior that I haven't seen before.

Before describing the symptoms in detail, I'd like to check whether I'm just leaving out important steps in the build process.

In the source, I see that there have been changes to the build process, with gulp replaced by custom scripts. Is there a fresh set of incantations that I should perform in the client project, before invoking zotero-build/xpi/build_xpi? Or is that build script alone meant to be sufficient?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

FB

Dan Stillman

Jul 16, 2017, 11:12:53 AM7/16/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 7/16/17 7:27 AM, Frank Bennett wrote:
> In the source, I see that there have been changes to the build
> process, with gulp replaced by custom scripts. Is there a fresh set of
> incantations that I should perform in the client project, before
> invoking zotero-build/xpi/build_xpi? Or is that build script alone
> meant to be sufficient?

Everything is documented here:

https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/client_coding/building_the_standalone_client

Frank Bennett

Jul 17, 2017, 3:29:06 PM7/17/17
to zotero-dev
Thanks. Among other things, I was building against a dated version of Firefox, which caused some ES6 code to barf. Not there yet, but I'm able to get the client running, and the translators and styles come up. So far so good.

The plugin for legal style support now causes the client to crash for some reason, but once that's sorted we may be back in business here.

Small steps.

FB

Frank Bennett

Jul 17, 2017, 6:16:17 PM7/17/17
to zotero-dev
Whoa. It's all working.

A hack in the Myles plugin to check availability of Zotero/Juris-M has started crashing in FF 54. Cleaning up the bootstrap.js code fixed it.

Possibly I'm getting better at this. If so, it's about time.

FB