Issues with Zotero website

Dana S.

Sep 7, 2016, 2:37:31 PM9/7/16
to zotero-dev
Hello everyone,

I am trying to resolve an issue with the Firefox connector and Zotero but the Zotero website is now giving me lots of problems. When trying to comment on my original discussion post in the Zotero forum the site says I need to log in but I am already logged into the site. If I try to go to my discussions or start a new discussion, the website takes me to the home screen. I've tried signing out and back in and restarting my computer. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? What can I do to fix it. Thank you!

Dan Stillman

Sep 7, 2016, 2:38:43 PM9/7/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
We're debugging a glitch with the forums (which were updated to a new
version last night) that temporarily prevents posting, but you should be
able to post at the moment. (If not when you read this, wait a few
minutes and try again.)

Rick Karnesky

Sep 8, 2016, 11:41:31 AM9/8/16
to zotero-dev
Is this glitch considered resolved? I haven't been able to post since the upgrade; I haven't spent time methodically troubleshooting, but clearing cookies/logging out and back in/using another browser has not been helpful.
-R

fcheslack

Sep 8, 2016, 11:52:33 AM9/8/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
We thought it had, but apparently this is a separate issue that I
haven't been able to reproduce yet.

You also appear to be logged into the forums but get a 'Log in or
register to post' message, and links to what should be user specific
pages (like 'Your Discussions' send to you zotero.org?

Those were both also symptoms of having cookies left from the old
forum, but logging out and back in, or clearing z.org cookies, should
have fixed it if it was what we already saw.

Dana S.

Sep 8, 2016, 11:56:15 AM9/8/16
to zotero-dev
I keep trying and it's still not working, is the glitch still on going? Thanks for the reply!

fcheslack

Sep 8, 2016, 12:55:35 PM9/8/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
It would be helpful if someone who is experiencing this could report
what cookies their browser has for zotero.org (and forums.zotero.org).

Also, I know Rick said switching browsers didn't help, but I'd like to
know what OS and browsers people are seeing this on, and if people
have any non-default cookie settings for them.

Dana S.

Sep 8, 2016, 1:39:02 PM9/8/16
to zotero-dev
I'm on a PC with Windows 8.1 Pro on it. I've tried logging into the website on both Chrome and Firefox on my computer, Chrome on my iPad and Chrome/Safari on my iPhone. I'm not sure about the cookie settings for any of these browsers. The reason I'd like this resolved asap is because I was having problems with downloading the Zotero connector for Firefox and posted in the forum.@adamsmith and I believe @DanStillman were helping me and I can't respond to them because I cannot reply to forum posts with the glitch! Thanks for all the replies and help.

fcheslack

Sep 8, 2016, 2:19:03 PM9/8/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Can you try logging out and back in again now. I may have found the issue.

Dana S.

Sep 8, 2016, 4:21:14 PM9/8/16
to zotero-dev
It works! I can now go straight to my discussions and am logged in to and able to comment! Does that mean the glitch is solved? Thank you very much!

fcheslack

Sep 9, 2016, 8:31:32 AM9/9/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
It had been fixed for the people who had reported having this problem.
Now it should be fixed for the rest of the accounts it was effecting.

For the curious, it was accounts that had tried to log in to the new
forums for the first time while we were working on fixing that
previously mentioned glitch, which made the symptoms of that glitch
persist for their account.

Rintze Zelle

Sep 9, 2016, 11:52:00 AM9/9/16
to zotero-dev
Faolan, Dan,

Congrats on the forum upgrade! Sure has been in the works for a while, so great to see it go live. It's Vanilla 2.x now, right?

Will there be a sticky announcement in the forums about the update? One thing I haven't found out yet is how to search past posts by author, which I used to do often. In the old version, I could search for posts by Dan with "Dan Stillman:", but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Rintze