Tests not running?

Marielle Volz

Aug 12, 2015, 10:14:26 AM8/12/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I noticed that the URL I usually check the tests at shows no tests
being run: http://zotero-translator-tests.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

Does this mean the tests are down or are they being run somewhere else now?

Thanks!

-Mvolz

Sebastian Karcher

Aug 12, 2015, 11:24:45 AM8/12/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
they're down -- I'd like them back, too, please. Simon to the rescue?

Marielle Volz

Aug 12, 2015, 12:53:26 PM8/12/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
While we're at it, does anyone know how to run the tests locally for
translation-server? The FAQ page only has instructions for the browser
ones: https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/translators/testing#running_tests

Marielle Volz

Nov 30, 2015, 4:08:08 AM11/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
These are still not running :(.

Marielle Volz

Jul 29, 2016, 12:00:05 PM7/29/16
to zotero-dev
We would be happy to host at least the translation-server tests ourselves somewhere; Simon, do you have any (even not currently functional) code around that formats the resulting JSON file from the tests into the html?
It was very nice and it'd be a shame to duplicate the work!

On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 9:08:08 AM UTC, Marielle Volz wrote:
These are still not running :(.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Sebastian Karcher <bst...@gmx.de> wrote:
> they're down -- I'd like them back, too, please. Simon to the rescue?
>
> On 08/12/2015 09:14 AM, Marielle Volz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that the URL I usually check the tests at shows no tests
>> being run: http://zotero-translator-tests.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/
>>
>> Does this mean the tests are down or are they being run somewhere else now?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Mvolz

Sebastian Karcher

Jul 30, 2016, 7:00:13 PM7/30/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marielle,
It'd be great to have the tests running somewhere again!
I believe the relevant code is actually inside Zotero for Firefox:
https://github.com/zotero/zotero/tree/master/chrome/content/zotero/tools/testTranslators
as you know(?) you can actually run the entire test suite locally via
|chrome://zotero/content/tools/testTranslators/testTranslators.html|
> it, send an email to zotero-dev+...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:zotero-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> <mailto:zoter...@googlegroups.com>.
> <http://groups.google.com/group/zotero-dev>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Dan Stillman

Jul 30, 2016, 7:06:15 PM7/30/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on this.

Philipp Zumstein

Aug 14, 2016, 10:12:18 AM8/14/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Any news on this?

As you might know, the translation server has a possibility to run the tests and output the result as JSON:
 ./build/run_translation-server.sh -test /path/to/file/output.JSON

The output seems to contain most information but not the information how to render this nicely. Are the missing steps, files available somewhere in one of the github repos?

     <mailto:zotero-dev@googlegroups.com>.

     > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/zotero-dev
     <http://groups.google.com/group/zotero-dev>.
     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Dan Stillman

Sep 24, 2016, 3:17:00 AM9/24/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Daily translator tests for Zotero Standalone and translation-server are up and running again:

https://zotero-translator-tests.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

We'll try to get Chrome tests running again at some point as well.