running generic translators on translation-server

Sebastian Karcher

May 26, 2016, 11:44:52 AM5/26/16
to zotero-dev
I don't know much about the translation server, but when running the
command for trying it out

|$ curl -d
'{"url":"http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15424060903167229","sessionid":"abc123"}'
\ --header "Content-Type: application/json" \ 127.0.0.1:1969/web On a
page on which Zotero uses the embedded metadata translator such as
https://project-thor.eu/2016/05/26/thor-is-hiring/ it doesn't return
anything. On the other hand, the bookmarklet is successfully saving that
item to the server. How does that work? Any code you could point me to?
Thanks, Sebastian|||

zuphilip

May 26, 2016, 6:03:56 PM5/26/16
to zotero-dev
Dan pointed out on github [1] that one problem is that translation-server are using an old zotero version (over git-submodule). This is more than 3 years old and you should definitely make sure to point in the config.js file to a recent version of the translators. For example the blogpost with embedded metadata is already working for me by pointing to the most recent version of the translators. But I am sure there is much more which should be updated...

[1] https://github.com/zotero/translators/pull/1066#issuecomment-221977365

Dan Stillman

Jul 4, 2016, 3:50:04 AM7/4/16
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Fixed (though not yet deployed on zotero.org). I think this was an
oversight. Details here:
https://github.com/zotero/translation-server/issues/31