Translators: following a redirect?

Frank Bennett

Jul 5, 2015, 10:24:41 PM7/5/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a site that provides URLs in the search view that sometimes redirect to a page that requires the user to select among alternate resources that match the item's known metadata.

processDocuments() delivers the initial doc and url to its callback, but I need the ultimate target to finish the transaction. Is there a way of detecting and following redirects in translator code?

Any hints very much appreciated.

Frank

Aurimas Vinckevicius

Jul 5, 2015, 10:36:11 PM7/5/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com

Not really sure I understand what redirect you are referring to. Is it a javascript-based redirect? You refer to something about the user making a selection, but I'm not sure where that fits in.

Frank Bennett

Jul 5, 2015, 10:48:09 PM7/5/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if that was unclear. The point is that the URLs in the initial
search pages on HeinOnline are sometimes ambiguous; they contain
metadata to identify a resource, but the HO server back-end can't
fully resolve them. In that case, the user is directed to an
intermediate page, where they are asked to choose among the
alternatives.

It would be good to know whether the redirect is done server-side or
via a JS redirect, wouldn't it. I'll post again when I've had a chance
to dig a little deeper.

FB