New translator for SROWA

Mike O'Connor

Jul 20, 2017, 10:34:32 PM7/20/17
to zotero-dev
Hi,

I have completed a translator for State Records Office of Western Australia's archive catalogue at https://archive.sro.wa.gov.au/index.php/ as part of my volunteering role there.  The catalogue is an AtoM-based system (http://accesstomemory.org).

SROWA have asked me to submit it for upload to your repository.

The code is in gisthub at https://gist.github.com/anonymous/6e588852dc0a22577934fed23e37e795.

The translator harvests metadata for (a) Series, (b) Items, (c) Pieces.  It also will harvest metadata for multiple items returned from a catalogue search.

Attachments are downloaded via a function separate from the scrapers. Other translators seems to be able to do this directly in the FW functions (eg. FW.Scraper), but I couldn't get that to work.

I did wonder about having two variants of the translator — one that downloads attachments, and one that doesn't.  Some of the archival images
attached to catalogue records can be over 100 Mb.

Grateful for any comments/fixes I can make.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike O'Connor

Aug 21, 2017, 7:32:20 AM8/21/17
to zotero-dev
Hello Again,

Could some kind person from the Zotero-dev team check my translator?

Many thanks,

Mike

Sebastian Karcher

Aug 21, 2017, 9:12:48 AM8/21/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay -- could you turn that into a pull request to https://github.com/zotero/translators, please? Much easier to review (and keep track of) that way.

Gesendet: Montag, 21. August 2017 um 07:32 Uhr
Von: "Mike O'Connor" <ipso....@gmail.com>
An: zotero-dev <zoter...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: New translator for SROWA

Mike O'Connor

Sep 13, 2017, 10:26:57 AM9/13/17
to zotero-dev
Hello,

I have created a pull request (first time for everything), the srowa-zottrans-1 branch on ontomoc/translators.  Is that all the information you need?

Mike

Sebastian Karcher

Sep 13, 2017, 12:20:26 PM9/13/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
We need the pull request to zotero/translators, not your own fork of that repository

Philipp Zumstein

Sep 14, 2017, 1:36:48 AM9/14/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Your pull request https://github.com/ontomoc/translators/pull/1 is within your branch. Try to start here https://github.com/zotero/translators/compare/master...ontomoc:srowa-zottrans-1 and then create a pull request against zotero/translators:branch (i.e. press the green buttons).

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/zotero-dev.

Mike O'Connor

Sep 21, 2017, 6:35:04 AM9/21/17
to zotero-dev
Done, via the green buttons...

Sebastian Karcher

Sep 21, 2017, 8:18:42 AM9/21/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
That worked, thanks. I will review there asap