Running tests: "disabling legacy extension" [Juris-M]

Frank Bennett

Feb 4, 2018, 7:07:37 PM2/4/18
to zotero-dev
I'm back to tilling the Juris-M field this week, and I've hit a stump.

After merging changes to bring Juris-M level with 5.0.34.6, I have a problem running the test suite:

1. `cd ./test`
2. `./runtests.sh -b -c browserTest`

All seems well in the terminal:
```
Mozilla Firefox 58.0.1

Running JS build process

> zot...@5.0.0 build /media/storage/src/JM/jurism
> node ./scripts/build.js

Success: [browserify] 0 files processed [108ms]
Success: [copy] 0 files processed (out of total 45 matched) [360ms]
Success: [js] 0 files processed (out of total 641 matched) [423ms]
Success: [sass] 0 files processed [19ms]
Success: [symlink] 0 files processed (out of total 1241 matched) [421ms]
Success: [symlink] 0 files processed (out of total 2 matched) [413ms]
Success: [cleanup] 0 files processed [426ms]
Total build time 448ms
```
But in the JS console that pops up, there is this:
```
Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///usr/lib/firefox/chrome.manifest'.
1517788825387 addons.xpi WARN disabling legacy extension zoter...@zotero.org
1517788825415 addons.xpi WARN disabling legacy extension jur...@juris-m.github.io
1517788825708 addons.xpi WARN disabling legacy extension zoter...@zotero.org
1517788825708 addons.xpi WARN disabling legacy extension jur...@juris-m.github.io
1517788825721 addons.xpi WARN disabling legacy extension zoter...@zotero.org
1517788825722 addons.xpi WARN disabling legacy extension jur...@juris-m.github.io
No chrome package registered for chrome://zotero-unit/content/runtests.html
```
It seems to mean what it says. The terminal cursor blinks, and that's about it.

Any idea what incantation might be needed to persuade Firefox to run the extension?

Frank

Frank Bennett

Feb 4, 2018, 7:23:51 PM2/4/18
to zotero-dev
Ah, nevermind. Looks like I just need to adjust the Firefox version.

Duncan Paterson

Feb 5, 2018, 4:24:12 AM2/5/18
to zotero-dev
I asked about these in here before, so by adjusting you mean to download FF 54?

Frank Bennett

Feb 5, 2018, 4:47:27 AM2/5/18
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that did the trick. There is a path variable in runtests.sh, you can replace "firefox" with an explicit path to FF54.

On Feb 5, 2018 6:24 PM, "Duncan Paterson" <dunc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I asked about these in here before, so by adjusting you mean to download FF 54?

Duncan Paterson

Feb 6, 2018, 8:32:00 AM2/6/18
to zotero-dev

well there is a lot of firefox 54 version for macOS, which one should it be, the `Firefox Unbranded.app` is nowhere to be found on mozillas site. Shouldn't this work with the firefox bin in standalone-build/xulrunner ? (it doesn't)

Frank Bennett

Feb 7, 2018, 3:39:22 AM2/7/18
to zotero-dev
In config.sh of zotero-standalone-build, Mac is set to use "54.0.1"

Dan Stillman

Feb 7, 2018, 6:49:20 AM2/7/18
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
You have to run the tests against an unbranded build of Firefox in order
for the extension to load. (The version in zotero-standalone-build is
what we build the client with, but that's not for running directly.)

Unbranded builds are here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing#Unbranded_Builds

But you need a 54.0 version. The listed ones broke at some point but I
think the one here is what I use:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=Add-ons/Extension_Signing&oldid=1173603#Unbranded_Builds

For Linux and Windows you need a Firefox 52 unbranded build to test
something approximating the ESR version we build with (which is why we
test both versions on Travis).