Zotero Standalone builds - Travis CI setup question

Frank Bennett

Aug 27, 2017, 4:23:49 AM8/27/17
to zotero-dev
I've gotten the standard Zotero build chain working against Juris-m (I know, *about time*, I know), up to the point of attempting to download the built plugin from GitHub. If I can get the Travis CI build chain working, I can be sure I'm not breaking Zotero functionality, and take advantage of the Juris-M tests that I built for the early work on the migration.

Looking at .travis.yml in the repo, I see an option for --access-key-id, which I would replace with the IAM key that accesses the Juris-M s3 bucket. So that's clear.

There are a couple of places that I don't understand:

* There is a command "unset AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY". I assume that this environment variable must be set somewhere, I'm not sure where that happens.

* There is a possibly related set of lines above, with:

env:
    global:
        secure: <string_value>

Is the string value there something that unpacks into the secret key? If so, how would I go about composing it for the secret access key used for the Juris-M s3 bucket? If it's not about the key, is it something that I would need to tweak for other reasons?

Any pointers would be really helpful. I'll keep exploring the Travis CI docs, but I'm kind of lost at the moment.

Frank

Frank Bennett

Aug 27, 2017, 4:35:44 AM8/27/17
to zotero-dev
Ah, this suggests that the key *is* in that secure value:

I'll try going through the incantations listed there, and report back on results.

Frank

Emiliano Heyns

Aug 27, 2017, 10:51:40 AM8/27/17
to zotero-dev
You can also set env vars securely through their web interface. That's what I did when I used Travis.

Frank Bennett

Aug 29, 2017, 8:49:40 AM8/29/17
to zotero-dev
Thanks, I'll check that out.

I have everything working, as far as I can tell, and all tests pass locally; but I'm hitting a hard barrier with timeouts. Will start a separate thread for that.