Unsigned Word template

HermanDV

Mar 16, 2018, 1:41:42 PM3/16/18
to zotero-dev
Hi, I added a custom button & macro (for updating Zotero references in a word doc) in a previous version (5.0.28) of the Word Template, but now that this has been signed, i cannot update to the latest version (5.0.37) because the Macros are "protected" and i cannot add the custom Zotero-related macro anymore.
Is there anywhere a place where i can download/find the "unsigned" template?
Thanks,
Herman

Brenton Wiernik

Mar 17, 2018, 8:29:15 AM3/17/18
to zotero-dev
I believe you should be able to just store this macro in your Normal.dotm template, rather than in the Zotero template. That would probably be the easiest solution.

HermanDV

Mar 21, 2018, 5:25:16 AM3/21/18
to zotero-dev
Thanks, I was thinking about that too, but I'm not sure I then can have the button in the same Zotero Ribbon (as its functionality is related to Zotero)
 i'll have a look at that option (or use an additional specific template).

Adomas Venčkauskas

Mar 21, 2018, 10:50:51 AM3/21/18
to zotero-dev
The last unsigned template is here https://github.com/zotero/zotero-word-for-windows-integration/tree/5.0.6/install

I've also added a ticket to add the unsigned template back into the repository for uses like these. https://github.com/zotero/zotero-word-for-windows-integration/issues/49

HermanDV

Mar 22, 2018, 4:47:39 AM3/22/18
to zotero-dev
Thanks Adomas,
Just to make sure, as the template you mention is the one form the Firefox Addin, I did compare it to the template from the V5.0.28 standalone client (which was still unsigned) and it seemed to be identical.
So there is no difference in the dotm files from the FFaddin, the V5.0.28 & the latest version V5.0.37 (except for the signature in the last one).Is that correct? If so then i can still use my "adapted" dotm fle i used in V5.0.28 replacing the one coming with the V5.0.37 in combination with the V5.037 client.

kind regards,
Herman

Adomas Venčkauskas

Mar 22, 2018, 4:57:58 AM3/22/18
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
The old Zotero Firefox addon and Zotero Standalone always shared the same template file. There haven't been any changes to the template VB code for a long while. We have changed the ribbon icons some months ago and started signing the macros recently

So there is no difference in the dotm files from the FFaddin, the V5.0.28 & the latest version V5.0.37 (except for the signature in the last one).Is that correct?
If so then i can still use my "adapted" dotm fle i used in V5.0.28 replacing the one coming with the V5.0.37 in combination with the V5.037 client.

You don't even have to use the Zotero template as long as you make sure that your buttons run the macros that Zotero template would run for each action. If you do, however, use a modified Zotero.dotm in the startup directory, our updates might occasionally overwrite it. We only do it when we actually update the template file, which isn't frequent, so it shouldn't be too big a nuisance.

HermanDV

Mar 22, 2018, 5:08:20 AM3/22/18
to zotero-dev
Ok, That is clear! Thanks again.