Is it still possible to run translator tests locally in 5.0?

Philipp Zumstein

Jul 11, 2017, 11:16:34 AM7/11/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
To get an overview of some translator tests locally, it was very useful to open chrome://zotero/content/tools/testTranslators/testTranslators.html in Firefox, see https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/translators/testing#running_tests . Is this still somehow working in 5.0? I tried some alternative urls also starting with moz-extension:// , but nothing worked so far...

Dan Stillman

Jul 11, 2017, 12:12:47 PM7/11/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean that you're trying to run this in the Firefox Connector?
That won't work. It works fine if you run a Zotero 5.0 source build in
Firefox, the same way you run Scaffold:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/zotero-dev/Mqu2IUWgFBE/discussion

The translator tester actually exists in the connector too (in the
Advanced prefs), but currently only in custom builds with the -d flag
passed to the build script. It also appears to be broken at the moment,
but it should be easy to fix. Issue created:
https://github.com/zotero/zotero-connectors/issues/144

Philipp Zumstein

Jul 11, 2017, 12:45:10 PM7/11/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I typing the url in Firefox (or Chrome) and hoping that Connector was doing something.

Thank you for looking into this and making the translator test site visible again! Good to know that there is an alternative with the source build of Zotero 5.0.