Attachment link modes?

Emiliano Heyns

Jul 15, 2017, 6:41:23 PM7/15/17
to zotero-dev
I see attachments can have these link modes:

  this.LINK_MODE_IMPORTED_FILE = 0;
  this.LINK_MODE_IMPORTED_URL = 1;
  this.LINK_MODE_LINKED_FILE = 2;
  this.LINK_MODE_LINKED_URL = 3;

What do these link modes mean? I think IMPORTED_FILE means it's in the storage directory, and LINKED_FILE that it lives outside the storage, but I don't know how to interpret this distinction in the case of URLs.

Also, I can't seem to add irc:// urls in the client. Is there a restriction to only ftp:// http:// and https:// schemes?

Dan Stillman

Jul 16, 2017, 11:32:31 AM7/16/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 7/15/17 6:41 PM, Emiliano Heyns wrote:
> I see attachments can have these link modes:
>
> this.LINK_MODE_IMPORTED_FILE = 0;
> this.LINK_MODE_IMPORTED_URL = 1;
> this.LINK_MODE_LINKED_FILE = 2;
> this.LINK_MODE_LINKED_URL = 3;
>
> What do these link modes mean? I think IMPORTED_FILE means it's in the
> storage directory, and LINKED_FILE that it lives outside the storage,
> but I don't know how to interpret this distinction in the case of URLs.

IMPORTED_URL is a snapshot with a URL, and LINKED_URL is an attached web
link without any files.

> Also, I can't seem to add irc:// urls in the client. Is there a
> restriction to only ftp:// http:// and https:// schemes?

Currently, yes, for security reasons, though there's been discussion of
relaxing that.