Building Firefox connector: xar

Frank Bennett

Aug 10, 2017, 3:05:18 AM8/10/17
to zotero-dev
I'm trying to build the Juris-M variant of the Firefox connector.

I have the code built and running via ./scripts/firefox/run_xpi. The only remaining hurdle is to get the plugin built and signed.

According to the comment in config.sh, I need a copy of xar from here:

I've looked through the linked thread, but although it states that it includes a patch, and although the discussion refers to complete autogen'd source archives, I don't see any access points for the files described.

How can I acquire or build a version of xar suitable for building the connector?

Frank

Dan Stillman

Aug 10, 2017, 10:21:04 AM8/10/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
The xar is only necessary for building the Safari connector. Firefox
extensions are signed by Mozilla.

Dan Stillman

Aug 10, 2017, 10:25:48 AM8/10/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 8/10/17 4:21 PM, Dan Stillman wrote:
> The xar is only necessary for building the Safari connector. Firefox
> extensions are signed by Mozilla.

And scripts/firefox/build_and_deploy does everything. You'll need
Mozilla's web-ext installed globally, with WEB_EXT_API_* set in
config.sh. (We could probably make web-ext a dependency in package.json
instead.)