4.0.27 released but not tagged?

Emiliano Heyns

Jun 30, 2015, 5:14:35 AM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just noticed that 4.0.27 was released, but I don't see that tag on github. Is 4.0.27 simple the HEAD of the 4.0 branch?

Emile

Dan Stillman

Jun 30, 2015, 5:20:31 AM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 6/30/15 5:14 AM, Emiliano Heyns wrote:
> I just noticed that 4.0.27 was released, but I don't see that tag on
> github. Is 4.0.27 simple the HEAD of the 4.0 branch?

Yes. Tagged now.

Emiliano Heyns

Jun 30, 2015, 5:37:45 AM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Super, thanks for the quick response. Do all versions (plugin vs the standalones) generally release about the same time?

Dan Stillman

Jun 30, 2015, 5:57:30 AM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but sometimes (as in this case) the Firefox version is on a tighter schedule because of Firefox compatibility. (Firefox 39 is out today.)

Barring any unexpected turbulence, the Standalone version will be out later today, and we'll announce 4.0.27 and put up a blog post showing off some of the new features at that time.

Emiliano Heyns

Jun 30, 2015, 8:18:31 AM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Is it in this version already that the main library gets ID 0 rather than null?

Dan Stillman

Jun 30, 2015, 10:30:07 AM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 6/30/15 8:18 AM, Emiliano Heyns wrote:
> Is it in this version already that the main library gets ID 0 rather
> than null?

No. This is just a 4.x release (albeit a big one) — there are no schema
changes like that. The libraryID change and everything else will be in
5.0 (and it won't be 0 — it'll be Zotero.Libraries.userlibraryID, which
will be 1 by default).

Emiliano Heyns

Jun 30, 2015, 10:31:37 AM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com

Splendid, and again thanks for the fast response. I'm frantically working to get 4.0.27 compatible, but with this information that'll probably be in a few hours.

Emiliano Heyns

Jun 30, 2015, 12:20:51 PM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking through the diff between 4.0.26.4 and 4.0.27, and this caught my eye:

How will a non-legacy translator match items to the collections returned from nextCollection if neither the key nor the itemID is present?

Aurimas Vinckevicius

Jun 30, 2015, 12:35:30 PM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
The non-legacy translators will basically expect Zotero API JSON (data part), which includes a collections array (and I think that's the array of collection URIs) https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/web_api/v3/write_requests. nextCollection returning API JSON for collections still needs to be implemented though.

Emiliano Heyns

Jun 30, 2015, 12:40:16 PM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
I see. That means I shouldn't rush to move my translators to non-legacy, right? I actively use nextCollection. Is this slated for a later point release?

Aurimas Vinckevicius

Jun 30, 2015, 12:46:02 PM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there's no rush, since legacy translators are probably going to be supported for quite some time. I think Dan mentioned that this is the last Zotero release before 5.0, so nextCollection changes will happen then.

Emiliano Heyns

Jun 30, 2015, 2:01:54 PM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
I'll wait for 5.0 then. I will actually want to move to non-legacy as soon as possible -- legacy mode does extra work per-item, and for auto-export, every little bit counts.

Emiliano Heyns

Jun 30, 2015, 3:06:19 PM6/30/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
BBT works with 4.0.27 as of now -- thanks for the help!

Emiliano Heyns

Jul 1, 2015, 7:24:20 AM7/1/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
The standalone versions report "4.0.27.SOURCE" as their versions.

Emiliano Heyns

Jul 1, 2015, 7:33:29 AM7/1/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Is 4.0.27.1 simply 7ccc48?

Aurimas Vinckevicius

Jul 1, 2015, 10:05:43 AM7/1/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com

Starting with 6841be09a1a54cfedc85b948f56784ac2c74501f

On Jul 1, 2015 6:33 AM, "Emiliano Heyns" <emilian...@iris-advies.com> wrote:
Is 4.0.27.1 simply 7ccc48?