registerObserver for item -- is the item sure to be loaded when my notify handler fires?

Emiliano Heyns

Aug 12, 2017, 8:51:08 PM8/12/17
to zotero-dev
I have a notifier handler registered on 'item' which gets passed a list of ids when fired. Are these items always always loaded when this call is fired, meaning it would be safe to get them with Zotero.Items.get rather than Zotero.Items.getAsync?

Dan Stillman

Aug 14, 2017, 2:40:40 PM8/14/17
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Yes, those items should always be loaded.

Emiliano Heyns

Aug 15, 2017, 9:28:55 AM8/15/17
to zotero-dev
Is this also the case for "delete" events? I need to find out if the deleted item have parent references. Or are items always guaranteed to go to "trashed" first? Even for deletes that are synced in, not user-initiated?

Emiliano Heyns

Aug 15, 2017, 9:32:28 AM8/15/17
to zotero-dev
Wait, when an attachment or note is deleted, I'll get a separate notification on the parent, right? In that case, never mind.