Removing existing translator

Charles Zeng

May 28, 2015, 3:38:09 PM5/28/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
We have web application that provides resources for annotation via Zotero. Previously some developer wrote a translator for it, but it did not capture all the item information and does not work correctly especially with recent update.

Now we have written a new zotero translator for the our web app. Should I be worried about the existing translator? Will setting priority to lower value (90) be sufficient? Is that the right approach?

Dan Stillman

May 28, 2015, 3:53:54 PM5/28/15
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Is this a custom installation, or is your translator distributed with
Zotero?

If the previous translator works on other sites and yours is just a
customized version for your own installation, you can just use a lower
priority.

If the previous translator was created specifically for your site, your
new translator should just use the same ID as the old one so that it
replaces it. If your translator is distributed with Zotero, your pull
request should be a modification of the old translator with the ID
unchanged.