Application name in Zotero 5.0 client for Windows

Frank Bennett

Aug 4, 2017, 8:18:25 PM8/4/17
to zotero-dev
I would like to set the name of the application (as shown next to the icon at the top of the window) to "Juris-M," on all three platforms, to avoid user confusion.

In the Windows version only, it is stubbornly showing as "Zotero." I've tried replacing every instance of the string "Zotero" with "Jurism" across the entire ./assets and ./win hierarchies, but still I get "Zotero."

Is the app name hard-coded in the zotero.exe used for the Windows build (and if so, how would I go about changing it)? Or is the string drawn from some other file that I've missed?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Frank

Frank Bennett

Aug 5, 2017, 4:05:26 AM8/5/17
to zotero-dev
I've gotten the app name to show correctly, although I'm not completely confident that I understand the reason.

I *think* it's controlled by the file brand.dtd, in the Zotero client source. I also edited the zotero.exe file with Resource Hacker though (which does also seem the right thing to do), so maybe that's related.

In an case, that's one more down.

FB