Re: adding Zotero for a Bibliography site?

Avram Lyon

Dec 31, 2015, 4:57:40 PM12/31/15
to zotero-dev
Zotero's documentation covers this to some degree: https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/exposing_metadata

Of the options laid out there, the information on embedding metadata is probably most relevant -- you should able to simply embed COinS in the search results in order to get a solid experience. You might also need to send the update event as mentioned there, since the contents of the webpage update without a reload. While it would also be rather easy to write a custom site translator for this site (especially if you add the update event), it would be better to leverage COinS if possible, since that would also give automatic support for other research tools as well (some listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COinS).

If I were writing this tool, I would also put a link to download individual sources in RIS or BibTeX format on the item detail popups, simply to broaden compatibility with research tools like Endnote that have less advanced support for pulling useful data directly from the browser window.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 7:33 AM Shani Tzoref <s.tz...@gmail.com> wrote:
The Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Related Literature has created an online bibliography that is becoming a standard resource in the field.
http://orion-bibliography.huji.ac.il/
They would be interested in making their content available for export to Zotero. Since the creators of the site are not current Zotero users, I agreed to post this query on behalf of Orion. We would like to know: what would a Zotero user need to do to crawl the site (if it is currently possible)?  If this is not possible, what would need to happen in order to make it possible?

Thanks, Shani