New to Zorka - setup & configuration with Apache tomact in windows 7/8 machine

Manish Kumar

Jul 10, 2015, 5:56:44 AM7/10/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you please let me know how i can monitor my deployed java application in windows 7/8 machine with tomcat application server.

I'm not getting any clue, even i have downloaded  zorka-1.0.13.zip - agent; and  zico-1.0.13.zip - collector; from http://zorka.io/downloads.html.

can anyone please help me to undersand this too, following this (http://zorka.io/install/tomcat.html) process as well but no luck :(

please please help me, as i have to configure this to my exiting project for im trying this with dummy project .war file installed in windoows7/8 machine.

getting this error on cmd:

C:\zico>rem Zorka Intranet Collector startup script for Win32/Win64 platforms.

C:\zico>rem

C:\zico>rem This is trivial startup script not really suitable for production use.

C:\zico>rem Using some kind of service wrapper for windows is recommended and will

C:\zico>rem appear some future version.

C:\zico>rem

C:\zico>rem Zorka Intranet Collector hasn't been tested well on Windows platforms,

C:\zico>rem in particular its limitations are not known. Use Windows only if you

C:\zico>rem must, otherwise consider Linux. Collector does not have huge requirements

C:\zico>rem and fits well into existing Zabbix server (if you have one).

C:\zico>rem Paths to collector and JDK7 need to be set correctly

C:\zico>set ZICO_HOME=C:\\zico

C:\zico>set JAVA_HOME=C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.7.0_79

C:\zico>rem Mandatory java options (no need for change in most cases)

C:\zico>set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier

C:\zico>set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -Dlogback.configurationFile=C:\\zico\\logback.xml

C:\zico>set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -Dlogback.configurationFile=C:\\zico\\logback.xml -Dzico.home.dir=C:\\zico

C:\zico>set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -Dlogback.configurationFile=C:\\zico\\logback.xml -Dzico.home.dir=C:\\zico -javaagent:C:\\zico\\zorka.jar=C:\\zico

C:\zico>cd C:\\zico

C:\zico>C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.7.0_79\\bin\\java -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -Dlogback.configurationFile=C:\\zico\\logback.xml -Dzico.home.dir=C:\\zico -javaagent:C:\\zico\\zorka.jar=C:\\zico -jar zico.war
'C:\\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\zico>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

manishk...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2015, 5:55:24 AM7/17/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone please answer my query?

Rafal Lewczuk

Jul 20, 2015, 3:52:49 PM7/20/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry for not answering in timely fashion.

It seems that you have your JDK installed in "C:/Program Files", so full path to java binary has spaces. This means that you need either to reinstall java in some other directory, so full path to java.exe does not contain spaces or modify zico.cmd script, so JAVA_HOME is quoted properly when invoking java.exe.

Regards,
rle

MKumar

Jul 21, 2015, 4:33:03 AM7/21/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
thanks a lot for your reply.

Can you please let me know how i can install this in linux machine and perform some testing with the help of zabbix?

in other word can you please give me any reference link, so i can download the java application to test zorka with zabbix?