Monitoring custom java application

ragh...@i10n.com

Sep 10, 2014, 12:12:00 AM9/10/14
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hello

We have custom java application to be monitored via Zorka.
I have configured the application to expose performance related data via JMX,
The agent is being seen in Zabbix.
But even trivial query such as zabbix_get -s <server-hostname> -p 10055 -k 'zorka.ls["java", "java.lang:*"]' shows ZBX_NOTSUPPORTED
Do i need to write custom template for my java application to integrate with Zorka ?

Rafal Lewczuk

Sep 11, 2014, 9:30:37 AM9/11/14
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For custom application you need to force agent to intercept and register platform mbean server at boot time in zorka.properties:

zorka.mbs.autoregister = yes

This is normally done by appserver specific scripts (as in some cases it cannot be done right at the beginning).

Regards,
rle