Multiple JAVA Servers to monitor in the same host

Ricardo Lopes

Mar 4, 2015, 11:25:12 AM3/4/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been using zorka to monitor and collect the JVM and Websphere.
We had one "Server" running. We were just following the instructions and we could collect the metrics with success.

However, our WebSphere changed a little bit.
We are now running 2 Server instances.
Take as example server1 and server2

Main question:
- what is the best approach to collect data from both server1 and server2 ?

Additional Details:
-zorka.jar integrated into server1
     - example: ${user.install.root}/config/cells/<cell-name>/nodes/<node-name>/servers/server1/server.xml

-zorka.jar integrated into server2
     - example: ${user.install.root}/config/cells/<cell-name>/nodes/<node-name>/servers/server2/server.xml

The way i'm collecting the data now is:
- HostServer1 - collects data from zorka running with zabbix agent over port 10055
- HostServer2 - collects data from zorka running with zabbix agent over port 10056

Is there a way to change the zorka in order to add some kind of PREFIX when it sends the data?
With such option / solution I would be able to send server1, Memory Heap Utilization ;) This would let me distinguish the memory across the multiple server instances I have running for that websphere

Thanks :)

Rafal Lewczuk

Mar 8, 2015, 4:10:16 PM3/8/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Pretty much the same answer as in previous post. Configure your JVMs as separate hosts in zabbix (and separate from OS): one host <-> one JVM. Remember about setting separate port numbers for each instance.

Regards and sorry for delayed answer,
rle