How to invoke ZabbixActiveSender or ZabbixActiveSenderTask

김판매

Jun 14, 2015, 1:38:03 AM6/14/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to send my own data to Zabbix vis zorka.

It seems like  ZabbixActiveSender or ZabbixActiveSenderTask sends data to Zabbix Server.

How to invoke ZabbixActiveSender or ZabbixActiveSenderTask?

Rafal Lewczuk

Jul 20, 2015, 4:15:30 PM7/20/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

There are two ways Zabbix obtains data from agent (eg. Zorka):

1) Normal items - zabbix issues a query and receives answer;

2) Active monitoring - agent asks Zabbix server for list of items to be monitored;

The safest and least problematic way is to use normal items - you define your templates, items need to be of 'Zabbix Agent' type, you need to set up zabbix.server.addr in zorka.properties.

Active monitoring is less tested, you need to have zabbix.active enabled and accompanying properties set as it is described on zorka.io site.

I'd recommend starting with normal items and switch to active items only if performance problems occur. Unless you have hundreds or thousands of items per JVM, you should have no problems with performance.

Regards,
rle