Guide to send Custom Metric

김판매

Jun 12, 2015, 2:07:49 AM6/12/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
I set up zorka, and it send predefined monitoring data to Zabbix succesfully.

And now I want to send my custom metric, which is not from tomcat, from my java webapp, run on tomcat.

Is there any way to send?
Please guide me.

Rafal Lewczuk

Jul 20, 2015, 4:10:43 PM7/20/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

(sorry for answering so late)

To understand your question, you have custom metric that is manually implemented by your application ? Or you have some method you want to be instrumented by zorka in order to provide a metric ?

In case of custom metric, you can use zorka.jmx[] function in the same way that it is used for standard metrics. You need to know mbean object name and attribute name and then use zorka.jmx["java","my:mbean=name", "myAttribute"] as zabbix key in your zabbix template.

In case of custom instrumentations (and metrics generated dynamically by Zorka), you can use zorka.jmx["java", "my:mbean=name", "myStats", "myComponent", "calls"] etc. - please check LDAP template as an example for exact metrics from Zorka instrumentation.

Regards,
rle