How to resolve the file traces.db in zico

Shuai Wang

May 6, 2015, 5:39:52 AM5/6/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   I use zico to collect the data from zorka agent and from the zico's web UI  I can see the log details.
   What's more, I find a file in zico-1.0.12\data\zorka\traces.db where I guess is the loaction all the logs be stored. I just wonder how can I open the traces.db and resolve it  in order to implement my own analysis.

   Thanks.

Rafal Lewczuk

May 21, 2015, 12:16:22 AM5/21/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

All .db files are MapDB files containing positions of all traces in .rgz files. See HostStore class for more details.

MapDB is a lightweight non-sql database: http://mapdb.org

Regards,
rle

Shuai Wang

May 23, 2015, 5:01:53 AM5/23/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,Rafal Lewczuk
     Thanks for your reply.  From the HostStore class, I can obtain some information.
      In the folder zico/data, there are some files, like tdat,tidx,symbols.dat,trace.db.I just wonder what information stored in each file. (Dose the tdat contain the list of host?)
      I try to use ELK(elasticsearch + logstash + kibana ) to obtain the data sent from the zorka agent, so I want to konw what information stored in each file and how can I parse information use these file.
      Thanks very much!
Regards,
ShuaiWang

Rafal Lewczuk

May 24, 2015, 4:11:26 PM5/24/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think that tracer or parsing ZICO files is not an optimal way to log requests in traditional way (logstash etc.).

There is alternative approach: try configuring syslog trapper in zorka agent and send logs directly to your log server. Trapper functionality options are described here: http://zorka.io/install/traps.html

When using trappers (instead of tracer), don't need ZICO trace collector in order to store request data into logstash (however, you can still have tracer/collector enabled if you need detailed trace data from your application).

Regards,
rle