monitor jdbc stats in websphere

Jos Koeken

May 29, 2015, 4:12:14 AM5/29/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to use zorka to monitor statistics on jdbc datasources in websphere. When I use the websphere JDBC connections template, the level of statistics is the JDBC Provider (in my case this is Oracle). However, I want to get statistics on a datasource level (there are a number of those). Does anyone know how to autodiscover these (or create items for those?

Rafal Lewczuk

Jun 25, 2015, 5:30:09 PM6/25/15
to zorka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are two kinds of jdb stats.

One is provided by application server itself that can be monitored with Template_ZorkaActive_WebSphere_JdbcConnections.xml template. It should discover and sort out statistics by datasource.

The other one is generic monitoring with JDBC template. You can include either jdbc/oracle.bsh script or jdbc/wasjdbc.bsh. There is one template that will collect generic statistics: Template_Zorka_SQL.xml. It is possible to define zabbix template adn use sql.discovery["stats", "DBNAME"] zabbix key to discover all databases/datasources. Note that only datasources that actually have been used (ie. actual SQL queries have been executed) will be visible.

Regards,
rle