Zombie and ASP.net Postbacks

Rick Waugh

Oct 1, 2014, 1:03:18 PM10/1/14
to zomb...@googlegroups.com
Having trouble with an ASP.net form. I can fill in forms, click buttons and links. But I reach one point where a button is generated by a postback, and I cannot find that button with Zombie. In Chrome tools I can inspect the button. It has a name, an id. But anytime I try to call pressButton, I get an assertion error, saying the button doesn't exist. Any thoughts on this? I have tried to inspect what Zombie has as far as tree, but I can't see my button in there, either.

as...@labnotes.org

Oct 1, 2014, 1:06:50 PM10/1/14
to zomb...@googlegroups.com
No idea what postback is, but if you can’t see the button in the document tree, then likely it was never added to the document tree. You should investigate why the code that’s supposed to add the button didn’t.

On Oct 1, 2014, at 10:03 AM, Rick Waugh <ri...@fingerfoodstudios.com> wrote:

Having trouble with an ASP.net form. I can fill in forms, click buttons and links. But I reach one point where a button is generated by a postback, and I cannot find that button with Zombie. In Chrome tools I can inspect the button. It has a name, an id. But anytime I try to call pressButton, I get an assertion error, saying the button doesn't exist. Any thoughts on this? I have tried to inspect what Zombie has as far as tree, but I can't see my button in there, either.

Rick Waugh

Oct 1, 2014, 1:09:10 PM10/1/14
to zomb...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, we don't have access to the code. We're trying to build some load testing scripts for an existing site.

Rick Waugh

Oct 1, 2014, 1:52:24 PM10/1/14
to zomb...@googlegroups.com
One other question - if the request to the server does not return an HTML document, what does Zombie do? In many of these cases, we are getting a string back with information about a redirect.

as...@labnotes.org

Oct 1, 2014, 1:53:51 PM10/1/14
to zomb...@googlegroups.com
If it’s a web page it will try to parse it. If the server sends a redirect (301/302) it ignores the document and follows the redirect.

Rick Waugh

Oct 1, 2014, 1:56:52 PM10/1/14
to zomb...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm getting a bad feeling on this.

This is what it returns:

69|dataItem||<script type="text/javascript">window.location="about:blank"</script>|35|pageRedirect||/TestWeb/Pages/TestnetHome.aspx|

I'm thinking that this is not going to work at all.