Clicking a link with javascript code in the href attribute

john...@aunalytics.com

Sep 13, 2013, 2:14:44 PM9/13/13
to zomb...@googlegroups.com

I'm trying to click a link whose href is javascript code. However, when I call "clickLink", the javascript seems to execute in a new window and the function that's supposed to be called is not in scope.

Here's a gist containing the error -> https://gist.github.com/johnl79/1c4f082516485f20a17b

Additionally, for reference, this is the site I'm working with -> http://www.in.gov/apps/dlgftax/Assessment/AssessmentSearch.aspx

If you fill out any of that form and hit search, a "Download" link comes up. That's the link I'm having the issue with.

Any help is greatly appreciated, let me know if you need any more info.

john...@aunalytics.com

Sep 13, 2013, 4:33:10 PM9/13/13
to zomb...@googlegroups.com
As an update, I got the javascript to fire with some hacky use of the browser.evaluate function.

At this point the post request is being made correctly (I think), which I can see in the debug log. However, the post request is supposed to be responded to with a download from the server.

I'm unsure how to handle this. again any help would be appreciated. Here's my code for reference --