Data Bundle for Bloomberg API (blpapi)?

samu...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2017, 11:11:38 AM7/6/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has written a data ingestion function for blpapi? If not, could someone point me to an example of a data ingestion function from an API?

Thanks,
Sam

Walt

Jul 6, 2017, 1:21:41 PM7/6/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
I've ingested data from Bloomberg but not directly through the API. I first used pybbg (https://github.com/kyuni22/pybbg) to get the data into pandas dataframes, saved them locally and then ingested them.

samu...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2017, 9:12:55 AM7/7/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Thanks for your reply! I was thinking of doing the same - load it as an OHLCV dataframe and then feed them into the Zipline directly.