How to run zipline's tests?

Cheng Li

Jun 24, 2015, 10:34:47 PM6/24/15
to zip...@googlegroups.com

Hi Team,

Is there a guide how to run the tests under the tests folder? I have tried to run some individual files from that folder. It always complained that some parameters are missing… e.g.

D:\Anaconda\python.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\PyCharm 4.5\helpers\pycharm\utrunner.py" D:\Anaconda\Lib\site-packages\zipline-0.8.0rc1-py2.7-win-amd64.egg\tests\test_blotter.py true

Testing started at 10:27 ...

Error

TypeError: test_blotter_order_types() takes exactly 4 arguments (1 given)

Process finished with exit code 0

Regards,

Cheng

Richard Frank

Jun 29, 2015, 10:05:43 AM6/29/15
to Cheng Li, zip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cheng,

I see a guide to setting up the dev environment, but not specifically to run the tests - that would be a good addition.

In zipline's tests, we use plugins to nose (specifically nose-parameterized here), and from your error message, I believe the issue is that you're not using a nose test runner.  I don't have a windows environment to check, but I expect your copy of PyCharm's nose test runner is at "C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\PyCharm 4.5\helpers\pycharm\noserunner.py".  Try that instead of utrunner.py.  (Or you could run "nosetests" from the command line.)

Best,
Rich

Cheng Li

Jun 29, 2015, 9:36:50 PM6/29/15