FXCM Integration - Data and Live Trading

Bryan Fletcher

Jul 29, 2016, 4:48:33 PM7/29/16
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hi Everyone,

If anyone is interested, we're going to start working on fully integrating Zipline with FXCM for historical data, forex support, and live trading.  No ETA at this point, but I'm happy to answer any questions.

Also, we're appreciative of any feedback from users who have explored using Zipline with FX.

If you need free data in the meantime to play with, just let me know.  We have excellent FX data from 16 liquidity providers going back to 2002 as well as daily sentiment data for the majors back to 11/1/2006.

Best regards,

Bryan Fletcher

Product Manager

Algorithmic Trading

Direct: (972) 535-9020

Email: bfle...@fxcm.com

FXCM Inc. is headquartered at 55 Water Street, 50th Floor, New York, NY 10041 USA

Trading forex/CFD's on margin carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors as you could sustain losses in excess of deposits. Leverage can work against you. Be aware and fully understand all risks associated with the market and trading. Prior to trading any products offered by Forex Capital Markets, LLC, Forex Capital Markets Limited, inclusive of all EU branches, FXCM Australia Pty. Limited, any affiliates of aforementioned firms, or other firms under the FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) group of companies [collectively "FXCM"], carefully consider your financial situation and experience level. If you decide to trade products offered by FXCM Australia Pty. Limited (“FXCM AU”) (AFSL 309763), you must read and understand the Financial Services Guide, Product Disclosure Statement, and Terms of Business. FXCM may provide general commentary which is not intended as investment advice and must not be construed as such. Seek advice from a separate financial advisor. FXCM assumes no liability for errors, inaccuracies or omissions; does not warrant the accuracy, completeness of information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. Read and understand the Terms and Conditions on FXCM's website prior to taking further action.

FXCM Inc. is headquartered at 55 Water Street, 50th Floor, New York, NY 10041 USA. Forex Capital Markets, LLC ("FXCM LLC") is a registered Futures Commission Merchant and Retail Foreign Exchange Dealer with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and is a member of the National Futures Association, NFA # 0308179. Forex Capital Markets Limited (“FXCM LTD”) is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registration number 217689. Registered in England and Wales with Companies House company number 04072877. FXCM Australia Pty. Limited (“FXCM AU”) is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, AFSL 309763. FXCM AU ACN: 121934432. FXCM LLC is an Authorised Representative (Rep. No 402307) of FXCM AU. FXCM Markets Limited ("FXCM Markets") is an operating subsidiary of FXCM Holdings, LLC. FXCM Markets is not regulated and not subject to the regulatory oversight that govern other FXCM entities, which includes but is not limited to, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, National Futures Association, Financial Conduct Authority, and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. FXCM Global Services, LLC is an operating subsidiary of FXCM Holdings, LLC. FXCM Global Services, LLC is not regulated and not subject to regulatory oversight.

Mayur Bakhai

May 4, 2017, 11:24:31 AM5/4/17
to Zipline Python Opensource Backtester
Hi Bryan,

I understand this is a bit of an old post. Just wondering if you were able to make any progress on integrating zipline with FX data and live trading support that you could share..

Thanks,
Mayur